Thursday, August 22, 2013

Biopsy Pathology Report



I got a copy of the pathology report from the biopsy.  It didn’t tell me much more than I already knew.

The triple-negative result led to additional testing which confirm a diagnosis of Basal like Breast Cancer.  After doing some online research about Basal like Breast Cancer, I don’t really know any more about it than I did before I started.

Apparently one school of thought equates TNBC (triple-negative breast cancer) and Basal like Breast Cancer.  Another set of researchers say that all TNBC is Basal like, but not all Basal like is TNBC.  These cancer subgroups have been identified only in the past several years, so there’s just not enough research yet to be definitive.  If you can explain it to me I’d be grateful.

I’m Grade 3 on the Nottingham histological score which means that it is a rapidly growing tumor.  I’d already figured that out just by feeling it over the past month or so.

The question that I’m most concerned about is whether there’s lymph node involvement; but that won’t be known until the surgery.

 

Waiting. Waiting……


No comments:

Post a Comment