Monday, August 19, 2013

Preparation Begins


My Primary Care Physician apparently must clear me for surgery – verify that I’m healthy enough to slice into.  So today I went in for blood work and a chest x-ray.  Can’t remember the last time I had a chest x-ray

I’ve also started a spreadsheet to track all expenses associated with this process. I want to be sure that I’m aware of when I reach that magic “out of pocket” maximum; and make sure that my insurance also knows exactly when I reach that number.  It’s something I’ve never had to consider before.

Research and reading leads me to believe that chemo is VERY expensive; and I suspect that radiation therapy isn’t exactly cheap.  Now that we’re retired and living on a fixed income, cost is much more of a concern that it was when we were both gainfully employed. It may very well be the most frightening aspect of this whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment