Friday, February 14, 2014

Almost done with chemo


 

Taxol #10 yesterday.  Two more to go. White Blood Cell count was low so I go back this afternoon for a Neupogen shot. 

Benadryl sleepiness wore off by late afternoon to be replaced by the steroid high. Took an Ativan (Lorazipam) before bed to help get to sleep.  I’m sure glad that I don’t need to take that stuff regularly – it can be very nasty stuff. 

The steroid high will wear off late today or early tomorrow and then I’ll crash.  I take fewer steroids with Taxol than I did with the A/C so the crash is shorter but it still feels like getting hit by a train. Naps are the answer. 

Although the drug effects are cumulative, my side effects are still very minor. Some distressed nails but none have come off.  Occasional tingling in fingers. Occasional bone pain in knees ankle and toes but nothing serious. 

The fuzz on my head is becoming more noticeable but only if you look hard.  I’m still a baldy – but a fuzzy baldy.

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. 2 more....you got this!!!! Sleep and rest is all you need to do mommy.

    Ativan isn't your favorite huh? I take it for my anxiety. 4 is what it takes to put me to sleep. I don't take it often but I don't have any side effects from it. My body has recently decided it doesn't like Prozac though. I'm impatiently waiting for it to get out of my system so I can stop feeling my hair grow.

    Glad you're doing so well considering. Love you bunches!!!

    ReplyDelete