Friday, February 7, 2014

Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel


 
Had Taxol #9 yesterday.  Still going well.  Minor side effects still include fatigue, no taste buds, fuzzy brain, some digestive issues, some fingernail issues, minor bone pain and some tingling in the hands. 

The only one of them of any concern is the tingling.  Hoping it doesn’t develop into neuropathy which may be the only side effect that won’t reverse itself. 

I’m ready to be finished with this.  I know it will take a while for the effects to diminish but I’m hopeful that by mid march I’ll be able to taste food again.  I really miss my taste buds. 

Of course the following radiation treatments will have another set of side effects.  Oh, well. 

I thought I’d get started on taxes, but that hasn’t happened yet.  Requires too much thinking.

Thinking is not my strong point these days.  On the breastcancer.org site there’s a thread about vanity.  All participants talk about matters of appearance.  My vanity issue has to do with my mental abilities.  I hate being so fuzzy.  I find that I can’t read some of my favorite authors because their stories are too complex.  Very frustrating. 

Despite my whining about minor issues, things are going very well. 

I’m fascinated by the fuzz on my head.  I keep touching it so often that I’m afraid I’ll rub it off. Grow, hair, grow!

Only 3 more chemo treatments to go.!



2 comments:

  1. OMG three more!!!!!! Whohooooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a fellow in my real estate group on the mend from Hodgkins Lymphoma. He was diagnosed at stage 4!

    He talks as if his doctor told him that chemo-induced neuropathy will eventually go away.

    For what it's worth... Just happy the end of the ordeal is near and you're doing better!

    Take care - be well, Sis!

    ReplyDelete